- Maximises sports recovery and repair
- Improves overall performance
- Super-charges metabolism
- Improves circulation
- Increases range of motion and flexibility
Many professional athletes worldwide swear by Cryotherapy as the ultimate way to speed up muscle recovery allowing them a more sustained performance at an elite level. Whether you are an athlete, weightlifter, bodybuilder, weekend warrior or regular exerciser, Cryo sessions help speed up muscle repair allowing you to achieve your peak performance and goals.
Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC) exposes your body to extremely cold temperatures for a short period of time to increase the rate at which filtered, oxygen-rich blood flows through the muscles. It provides a safe and natural way of decreasing inflammation while accelerating the healing of damaged soft tissue and sore joints. Think of it as an extreme version of an ice pack or ice bath but faster, more efficient and way more comfortable.
In sports medicine, Cryo therapy is widely accepted as a rehabilitation method post injury and beneficial in speeding up muscle recovery after exercise. Some of the significant findings from numerous clinical studies undertaken include:
We have a package of sessions depending on your health needs. While one session will leave you feeling pain-free and energised, maximum results are obtained with repeated treatments. Our Cryo Technicians are able to tailor an individualised health program for you based on your requirements. Please call us on 1300 33 2796 now.
Immediate relief for muscle soreness
Ideal for muscle repair and recovery – Only $225.00
Perfect for injury recovery – Only $650.00
For those wanting peak performance – Only $1000
Subscribe for 12 Sessions – $570/month
When your body is exposed to extremely cold temperatures it activates a powerful survival mechanism that causes the blood vessels near the skin to contract (vasoconstriction) and reroute the blood to major organs to maintain your core body temperature. During this process, your blood is filtered and filled with oxygen, nutrients and healing enzymes. On leaving the cryotherapy chamber, the blood vessels dilate (vasodilation) and blood rushes back to the skin. Blood circulation is naturally stimulated and oxygenated blood is delivered helping to heal damaged muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments.
Yes. It is impossible to cool the skin as quickly and effectively, and achieve the same temperatures and results with an ice bath. You would have to sit in a freezing cold ice bath for at least 15 minutes to experience anywhere near what a 3 minute Cryo session can achieve. Plus it is completely dry.
On a visit to CRYO’s modern and secure rooms at Edgecliff in Sydney’s East, you will be well looked after by our professional and highly trained therapists. As part of our personalised service, you will be asked about your health and any injuries you may have and what you would like to achieve from your Cryo session.
You will enter our Cryosauna− an open-topped chamber about the size of a small shower. Your body will be briefly enveloped in a fine nitrogen mist and safely cooled to approximately −140°c for up to 3 minutes. As an added bonus to the increase in metabolic rate, your body releases ‘feel good’ endorphins meaning you will leave the clinic feeling energised and rejuvenated.
Absolutely! Nitrogen is a non-toxic gas that makes up over 70% of the air we breathe. Your head is above the chamber at all times and your hands and feet are protected by slippers and gloves. A trained medical grade therapist stays with you throughout the session monitoring your body’s response. Oxygen monitors, alarms and other safeguards are also used to track your progress and ensure that you don’t exceed the allowed time. You are able to leave the Cryosauna at any time. Rest assured that client safety is our primary concern.
Depending on your physical condition, you will feel immediate relief from muscle pain, plus improved energy and elevated mood due to the rush of ‘feel good’ endorphins. Bear in mind however that maximum results are obtained with repeated treatments. Research has found that you will experience improved and cumulative benefits with a minimum of 10 sessions within a 2 or 3 week period. Professional athletes will often have up to 2 sessions a day to help achieve peak performance. We are happy to tailor a personalised program based on your requirements and goals.
Generally Cryotherapy is a safe and effective treatment for most people, however it is not suitable for women who are pregnant or anyone who has:
If you are concerned about any conditions you have that may prevent you from undergoing Cryo treatment, please check with your doctor.
1.Ma SY, Jeong JH, Kim HY, Kim HD. Effects of whole-body cryotherapy in the management of adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2013 Jan; 94(1): 9-16. Downloaded: 9/2/2016. Available online: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22850489
2. Metzger D, Zwingmann C, Protz W, Jackel WH. Whole-body cryotherapy in rehabilitation of patients with rheumatoid diseases. Rehabilitation (Stuttg). 2000 Apr; 39(2): 93-100. Downloaded: 9/2/2016. Available online: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10832164
3. Lange U, Uhlemann C, Mulle-Ladner U. Serial Whole-Body Cryotherapy in the Criostream for Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases. A Pilot Study. Med Klin (Munich). 2008 Jun 15; 103(6): 383-8. Downloaded: 9/2/2016. Available online: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18548207 4.Stanke A, Sieron A, Cieslar B, Matyszkiewicz, Rozmus-Kuczia I. The impact of whole-body cryotherapy on parameters of spinal mobility in patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Ortop Traumatol Rehabil. 2005 Oct 30; 7(5): 549-54.Downloaded: 9/2/2016. Available online: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17611448
4. Braun KP, Brookman-Amissah S, Geissler K, et.al. Whole body cryotherapy in patients with inflammatory rheumatic disease. A prospective study. Med Klin (Munich). 2009 Mar 15; 104(3): 192-6. Downloaded 9/2/2016. Available online: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19337708
5. Giemza C, Matczak-Giemza M, Ostrowska B, Bieć E, Doliński M. Effect of cryotherapy on the lumbar spine in elderly men with back pain. Aging Male. 2014 Sep; 17(3): 183-8. Downloaded: 9/2/2016. Available online: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24304196